Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the last hope

When i visited Jun Ren yesterday, I chuckled to myself when I heard this:
That every year, there is someone from Raffles Rugby to claim the prestigious Infantry Sword Of Honour from his OCS stint from the January batch.

From Anand, to Cecil, to NingYan, to Kylash. All came from Raffles Rugby. This year, what happened was that there were a number of us (Raffles Ruggers) in OCS. So initially there were Jau, EC, Ang Wei, Joel Louis, Jon Yap, etc etc etc and me too. Most of them got posted to other places, like ADA for Joel Louis and Signals for Jon Yap. So the last one standing was guess who? ME! Haha I was the last hope. And that is well dashed by now. Coz I disrupted to do medicine! I mean not that I was in some position to get the SOH anyway, seeing how much I get whacked by my instructors for my relak approach to everything. Me and the army are like oil and water , they don't mix (is the word immiscible? ergh don't remember). Heh. But it sure feels good to know that I was the last hope. Damn damn good. I enjoy cheap thrills like this. :)

oh wait, Ananthakumar is still in Infantry. There is another one last hope!Or maybe Khalrul Anwar bin Yahya from the later batch! haha he has neck now hoorah!

No comments: