Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Special Academic Awards Presentation

I could skip lessons today, not all of them though. Around 12ish, Ying Mei's sister came to school to fetch the five of us to SEAMEO Regional Language Centre, where the awards presentation was held. Me and Monish felt so sorry for Weilun, had to leave him behind bcoz the car wouldn't fit anymore. It was already a squeeze though, but the ride was short. Thanks a lot YingMei!! Saved a lot of money on having to pay for cab fare :) Yup, so we were early. Took the time to get changed, when we met Yixun at the Gents, he was the Emcee, along with Liling. Got briefed by this officer from MOE, who has a clear resemblance to Mrs Kua Miew Kheng of RI, Shane's mum. I think her surname is Kua also, when I stole a glimpse at her name tag. Anyways, the award only got started at about 3. Mr Hodge was there, along with Ms Chen, Mr Leong, Ms Loh and a few others. Mrs Albar was there too!! I waved at her, but unfortunately couldn't get to talk to her. Oh man... :( Had a mingling session with the Minister too, Mr Chan Soo Sen, Minister of State for Education. Haha, he looks comical just the way he is. After that, there was a Berita Harian interview if I'm not wrong. The usual list of questions I suppose, tried to answer them as differently as possible, but I doubt anything will appear la... This is so small! Compared to ppl like Helmi! Woah, I salute you my man, you are truly a role model! :) Ultimate respect to him. Anyway, there were tons and tons of phototaking afterwards. There was also a huge group photo, but don't think it will turn out nice, coz my camera has limited functions. Yingmei was quite disappointed that not only did she have to stand in the 4th row, but also, its at the side! Haha, oh well, I was there too la, its just a photo la. Now, it's time to start revision. Later i can happily check out the books they give me. Hope they're a good read :)

No comments: