Sunday, February 13, 2005

Man Utd 2-0 Man City

I woke up at 11am for the third day running. I finally found my RJC RUGBY 2004 black t-shirt that has been hiding in my closet for quite a long time, so i wore it at home today. Yay but it's so tight. I wonder what Iylia means when he puts 'triple digit bench' as his nick on msn, hahaha i wonder :) actually I know but nvm. I have done almost all the homework that I had planned to do, so I guess it does not feel so bad. And I have replaced most of the stationery I lost along with my pencil case. So that's a plus point.

I think my cable tv is useless to a large extent, especially on weekends. Sat nites, what do most guys do? Football on the tele right? Yes of course. However, you can only watch EPL football if you subscribe to SCV, and more specifically to ESPN Star Sports. The problem is, I have the SCV box at home and it's fully functioning. Heck, I don't even have to pay for it coz my uncle got it free of charge when he upgraded his set for the digital tv scheme (F.O.C that's the only reason why i have that cable tv at home, coz if we have to pay, that thing will never be in my house). It's free for only six months though, after that it's optional whether you want to prolong subscription or terminate it completely. So, when it came to choosing which channels we wanted to insert into the free box, I didn't have a chance to say a word at all. The next thing, I came home and gone!, there are no more sports channels. Oh why oh why. I have so many friends who tell me that the only reason they subscribe to SCV is because of FOOTBALL telecasts. I have asked and urged my family to subscribe to only the sports channel, but they won't budge. Tonight i went to my grandpa's house just a few blocks away to catch Man Utd overcome Man City 2-0. Haha Glory Glory Man United!

OH! I still remember how i woke up one night, when I just got the SCV box in my house from my uncle, thinking it was Liverpool vs Man Utd. Oh man I was so psyched up, a match I couldn't miss. I even set my handphone's alarm on, and my brother's handphone's alarm on too, just in case. I prayed hard before I slept, that God will remind me to wake up on time for the match, and that possible Ronaldo would nick in a goal or two past L'pool. I went to sleep earlier than usual that night. Then I really woke up at 3plus a.m. Feeling all excited, I went straight to the living room, searched for the remote control and repeatedly pressed "23", but to no avail, only to see a blank screen and a sharp tone that you would normally hear when you turned to an untuned channel. Oh hell! Where had my ESPN gone to? Then only i remembered, my cable tv is here because it's free. Free.

I was the butt of all jokes from my friends the next day. :)

No comments: