Sunday, April 24, 2005

thru to 2nd round

I had a lot of sleep today. Yay!!!

Anyway, I am glad that our defence fought really hard for our last match against MI. Their performance that Thursday was really exceptional. Even the national youth team forwards of MI could not breach our defence. Their No.12 was a really tough player to shackle. He was very strong on the ball and constantly tried to penetrate us with his mazy dribbles. I think the whole team played well, except for me. I did not satisfy my role. Left too open a space for the opponent to run. And picked up an unnecessary yellow card. There was not a single troubling shot on goal, and we might have even lost it if the MI players upped their game even more. I should have played better.

There is only one week respite. From now on, there won't be any easy match. Each team is a strong team, and let's not forget that our team is not there to make up the numbers too. We have spent too much time, energy, money and effort to get so far, and we don't want to stop just yet. No not yet. God will be on our side.

No comments: