Sunday, April 17, 2005

I find it very hard to sleep tonight, which is quite amusing, coz i just gulped down quite a lot of milk which should make me sleepy. I wonder why it's harder to fall asleep tonight, considering also that i've slept early the past few nights. Oh it was nice to meet up with old friends, people you hardly see nowadays because they are just at a different school. Fazly and Hari Shoran... Me and Adz. We were there at lido this afternoon to catch up on old times. It was more worth it than a movie, which was why me and adz happened to be at lido in the first place. It was not planned, this meeting of old friends, rather chanced upon.

I think rafflesians should not just hang out or make friends with rafflesians only. That's just being narrow i think. Like the malay saying, "seperti katak di bawah tempurung." There's more to this life that you lead than just the people that you see in school everyday. People in other schools exist too and there is no reason why we should not make friends with them too! Haha, I think sometimes I am guilty of this myself, that I almost only spend time with friends who are either Rafflesians, or ex Rafflesians. Well, school just makes making friends easier, because within an enclosed space, you are more likely to bump more into the same people that eventually will make you want to talk to them and in the end, learn more about them (be friends wit them). SO outside, I guess you probably have to go out more, with different groups of people and sit anywhere and just talk if you happen to be in a situation where you can talk to other people. The mosque is a unique place for this, because last year, during Ramadhan, me and my buddies were overnighting at AlFalah (a mosque at Somerset). Before the morning prayers, we met with this group of Poly grads who are involved with a youth organisation, so we just chatted about activities that we do. In a way, we made new friends. I think that's what youths do at church too right?

If you're feeling with me, go listen to McFly's "You've Got A Friend".
...time to pump tmr

No comments: