Wednesday, November 10, 2004

superrjc

Match: SRJC 1-1 RJC
Scorers: Golden Boot (SRJC), Soo Tet (RJC)
Lineup: Kaixiang (Mark), WenJuin(Joseph), Kin Yip, WeiFan, Joseph (Ben), Adzfar (Oliver), Zhihao, Geoffrey (Peiqian), Soo Tet, Fairuz (Chang Wen), Peiqian (Chun Yat, Randy)

Nvm, the lineup looks confusing, it does not matter.
What happened was I hated the trip to serangoon. Its so far away, from where i live, and naturally I get more lethargic, what with no food no water. Then aiyoh, Jiho did the warm up drill, whole length! Mad! I really cannot take it. Next time, i will not follow the warm up drill, i shall do my own routine, gives me more confidence. Aiyoh, shall see about that. Then, Mr Low made it even more shocking. Why did he put me in starting eleven??? I really really thought that he said he would only slowly put it and I must prove my worth first. Wah I really thought that, and that irritating red shin pads, got me off to a poor start yesterday.

Pancit. That's the word. Our passing improved. Through ball was our target towards finding goals. So, we kept trying and trying but really after 5 or 6 tries, it gets damn tiring to chase after balls that are threaded too strongly. So really, i could not take it. That was why i got subbed at half time.

SRJC drew first blood. Their midfield interplay was halted just outside our penalty area, which was deemed as an offence by the ref (who scolded me twice for not tucking in my shirt). It doesn't matter. Golden Boot Mat stepped up for a left foot bender. He curled it over the wall, over Peiqian's face, and into the bottom left corner. Good goal la.

It took that goal for us to start dominating the first half. We forced throw ins and throw ins (and more foul throws from our side). Then we got a corner. Soo Tet bended it in directly from the corner flag. Sui Sui la. His second 'Roberto Baggio'. Power. 1-1. We got off to better passing. BUt too difficult to break their last man, playing sweeper and their left back is solid on the ball. Their attack cuts left and right but Weifan and Kinyip were commanding. But this match...wtv.

Things I need to improve:
1. Getting off the mark. To position myself away from defenders. Change angles in runs. Diagonal runs towards through passes.
2. Left foot shot. Train accuracy by taking more shots with left foot.

No comments: