Friday, March 10, 2006

lifeshaping decisions

Assalamualaikum

I've never been more interested in Medicine. This week and the next should be occupied with all the necessary application protocols and thus, I should be tied up. Scholarships are abound, but, with medicine as my first choice, it seems farfetched to even think about landing one. I'm very worried about my Plan Bs and Cs, because so far, they are still not concrete. I know it's a little late for this, especially when I compare myself to my peers who, by now, are probably packing their bags and readying for the heady days of overseas education - with a prestigious scholarship to boot. To our parents, dilemmas like this seem unimaginable in their years gone past. This future of ours hold exciting promises, yet I find myself at a difficult juncture in making decisions that will shape my life ahead. How do I carve a career path for myself? Will I be as successful as I dream myself to be? All I can do is to persevere and pray, pray, pray. This new Minor course in NUS, Religious Studies, is also very interesting, certainly it will be a part of my consideration. Thank god army keeps us occupied, for it gives me time to reflect and exchange views on issues confronted from various perspectives. All in all, these past 2 months have been of tremendous value to my personal growth. InsyaAllah, I will not falter...

For now, it's time to tuck in, save some money by having lunch at home, definitely more delicious than anywhere else in the world. Then, I'm off to Pasir Ris, for army's Lions Trail.

Wassalam.

No comments: