Friday, March 25, 2005

'twas Tuas

Oh the undying of my blog begins NOW.
I love holidays especially when they are coming and I'm in full anticipation. I love it because I really get to catch up on sleep. Meaning I get to wake up at lunchtime. :) I love holidays because when I was young, there would definitely be family outings, to East Coast Park to cycle, to Sentosa to go on the monorail, to Marina South for kite flying, somewhere somehow, it was very nice. Holidays nowadays are very different. No more east coast, marina south, sentosa family outings. no more really. Right now, I'm the only one home, while my dad is in KL, my mum at the JB house, my sister and brother both out with their friends. Maybe I'm just a homebody.

But I've got to say something about my Tuas experience.
Last Monday, on the morning before Chemistry common test, I had told my mum that I was going to school. I had to cab to Tuas checkpoint to meet Mr Wong, the kind tour guide for our malaysia trip. He had promised to meet me there at 11am to deliver my spectacles for me. You see, the story is I had left my glasses in my hotel room. Because me adzfar and chang wen didn't know we had to pack everything up for the final match in KL. So we had only 5 mins to pack, we rushed to find all our stuff and forgot to check the room twice to make sure we didn't leave anything behind. Stupid, I had left my Silhouette glasses on the sink. It only occurred to me that I had left it behind in the bus, after the match, when we were well out of KL. Peiqian had wanted to watch the tele but had no glasses, so he wanted to borrow mine. I opened my specs casing only to find it empty. So i pleaded to the Tour Guide to help me find it. And so he did. Saturday night, he called me to arrange for the meeting on Monday, giving me his handphone no. and the location to meet (which was specific enough, saying to meet at the Bus Terminal, "the very last one"...) He said we was worried that the fragile specs would be damaged if he sent it by courier, so he'd rather send it personally, anyway he was with another tour group to Singapore. So on Monday morning, I quickly cabbed to Tuas Checkpoint, having a very nice chat with the taxi driver, who says he'd probably "drive until I die ah"... He immediately knows I was from raffles, and asked me whether I ponned school. Of course not, I told him I had exams and told him my missing specs story. Then he asked, wah, "exams still can go tour in the holidays ar?" I told him yeah can. Anyway, he dropped me off at the SBS Bus Terminal, which i thought isn't the right location because I thought that mR wong wanted to wait for me at the Bus checkpoint because he said "the very last one". So i walked about 200m to the checkpoint before being stopped by a "NO TRESPASSING" sign and a policeman. He told me to go away, this is not a waiting area, you must not wait here. I didn't know what to tell him so i just walked away to the BUs terminal. Then I waited, it was already 11am. I dont want Mr Wong to wait for me, after all his troubles. So i walked to the checkpoint again, and asked if he could accompany me to find Mr Wong at the checkpoint. I was getting desperate. I have chem exam in around 2 hours so i must retrieve my glasses quickly. The policeman really hates me. He was laughing as I stood in the hot sun trying to spot Mr wong. He asked me for bus number la, hp no which is i think the wrong number that mr wong gave me, all that. I didnt know. I waited and waited and then gave up. As i walk back to the bus terminal planning what i'm going to tell my parents (cos they still didnt know what happened to my silhouette glasses), i saw this fisherman walking in the opposite direction across the drain. "Eh Raffles boy, you lost ah?" and started sniggering. I told him No, I'm meeting someone. Then he asked again, But you must be lost here! I said no, I'm meeting a friend who's passing me my glasses. Then he laughed ang walked on. I was desperate. Then I saw this bus, and a stumpy man walked out. It was Mr wong. Haha, yes. He really brought back my silhouette glasses, and chang wen's PE set. hahaha. I felt damn bloody happy after that!

No comments: