Sunday, September 12, 2004

end of hols: a cap

One week of school holidays has passed. Good stuff, but it just means that there is no more time to prepare for promos. Its too short. Nvm, while the holiday was here, I enjoyed it.

Today I spent a few hours at Madrasah, which was truly not a typical day at the Madrasah because the first part was hafalan, and I was 30 mins late. So i entered, memorised the 7-8 lines for the Quran, and the bell went. Had a very sour teh-o lemon ice. Then the history ustaz was absent, so a replacement came in. She's an Islamic Counsellor, who counsels a whole host of people, from the teenage delinquents and pregnant teenage girls to divorcees and prisoners. She was hillarious and I share with you 3 principles that she has lived with since she was a teenager and which have helped mould her life well and truly in the path of Islam.
  1. Dahulukan cita-cita daripada cinta. (Choose ambition over love)
  2. Gagal untuk bersedia ertinya bersedia untul gagal. (Failing to prepare is preparing to fail)
  3. And i forgot this one :(

She was good, she said she will only come in for a little motivation session. I thought i didn't need one, but nevertheless, I love hearing people talk like her. Amazing, she just showered us with great tips and I sure would use them as much as i can. A nice good break instead of lessons! Then it was arab lesson, but the ustaz didn't feel like teaching as much as we didn't feel like listening. I was reading chem notes. Bad of me.

I slept for 3 hours after i ate lunch. I hope i put on weight. Target was to reach 70kg by June, obviously that has failed. Maybe i should aim to reach 70kg by Hari Raya even though the fasting month is coming. That's because last Ramadhan, i put on around 3-4 kg! and lost them all during hari raya. weird metabolism!!

I filed my notes and practicals for 2 hours straight. It was back-breaking labour, worst than doing shoulder presses. And its still not done yet, I've still GP File to complete. Should I just leave GP File? Its already in a mess...

I waited for another 1.5 hours for my father to come back with the Fried Kuay Teow, finished it up in less than 5 mins and felt hungry again just seconds after i wash my hands and mouth.

Sheesh...time... what do you make out of it?

Mendaki Awards was cool. They had it at the NTUC Centre, a building at One, Marina Boulevard. Its chic, the auditorium, i tell u. Because the building had numerous window panels, they lifted the blinds electronically and it gave us a magnificent view of the Singapore waterfront landscape. The RJ Guys all met at 10.15am at Raffles Place MRT where we went round and round the place just to find the correct exit. We had trouble finding the building and figuring out which overhead bridge to cross. We were just so unfamiliar with the place. Figured that by the time we were there, we would be the last ones to arrive. Correct. The entire VJ was there. A lot of unfamiliar faces too. I didn't know most of them. I heard around 15 of them got it, and they have around 30plus Malays in their school. That's so much more than what we have at RJ. I think it's easy why it's such. So many Malays live in the east, where VJ is, so its just a matter of convenience too. We waited for damn long, but it was okay lah, at least Iskhandar was sitting next to me, and Rais moved to sit on my other side, so it was not that lonely. But i must say, i don't have that many friends outside the raffles family. I must work on this. InsyaAllah. They gave us a briefing, we had rehearsals then had really cocked up lunch. We went to Masjid Moulana for Dzuhur and then really had a funny time dressing up. Khalrul was especially hillarious, he looked like a girl, a poodle, and an afro rocker rolled into one. Lol. Then rushed to the auditorium and the show began. The angklung performance was nice, real nice, if only we can replicate that. The reception at the end was not good, but who cares, we were having fun taking photos! so here are the photos:

Click this: Photos from the recently held Mendaki Awards!

No comments: