Friday, June 18, 2004

doctor's team

venue: PUB Recreation Club Field
match: Geoffrey's Father's Doctors Team(i played for them) vs Dunnowho~
my position: striker

Mummy wasn't at all too happy that I took this time to play soccer instead of revising for my flailing hopes of attaining any form of a result for Common Test. But I couldn't resist the sheer temptation of playing, so off I went.

Bumped into Charlene along Braddell, haha, she was from PW meeting in school. Stupid me dunno that 93 goes to PUBRC.

Adzfar and Geoffrey were already there, and we all wore the same socks! haha weird. First action of the match; Adzfar went on a quick charge down the right, tapped the ball into space for me to send a cross on the edge of the area for no.11 to notch a powerful header to the back of the net. 1-0 to Doctors team.

Second action of match; Renji looked up and sent a through ball down the left channel, intended for no.11 but I got there first. I rounded one defender, pulled the ball wide left onto the byeline and stroked the ball square. The ball hit the 'keeper's leg and was deflected into goal. Yay 2-0!

Third action of match; Phillip our outstanding central midfielder sent a chip down the middle to me. I side tapped the ball into Geoffrey's path first time, for him to beat his marker and smash the ball low and hard into the bottom corner. woohoo...!

...somemore guys scored...we were totally in control...

Adzfar's action of the match; a good outswinging corner was valiantly punched out by the keeper but the ball went straight to Adzfar who headed the ball powerfully into the empty net. His debut goal! haha

we went on to win 9-1, with Geoffrey grabbing a second with a cheeky back-heel into the empty net after the keeper failed to hold onto a cross.

things that need improvement: 1. positioning, bcoz most of the time i find myself drifting wide right and hence playing provider instead of being the target man. 2. offloading, bcoz i haven't made all the right choices and need to assess my options faster.


looking forward to more

No comments: